Monterey Peninsula College

On the 18th  of August, I went to my college in order to be in the orientation for international students starting school in fall 2009. That was my first day and the first time to see people from different countries. The students were from Korea, Japan, china, Indonesia, Germany, Philippines, Somalia, South Africa and Iraq. I was the only Iraqi among them. Plus, I was the oldest student in the orientation Shame on me.....,





The orientation  started and all international students became  aware of the educational system at MPC. I met great American instructors that day. American people are so friendly, especially with me I don't know why?



Is that because I’m the only Iraqi student in this college? Or because  I belong to a country which has been damaged throughout these years and most Americans feel sorry about that.



I had a horrible  time in the first week at college. The first week was really difficult for me because I didn’t know exactly which class I was going to take in the first semester. I had to drop classes and add other classes. Eventually, the great counselor Nancy Bedrham and my support group helped me a lot. We made a good schedule for classes that I’m going to take this semester.






Now, I’m taking courses at MPC college such as modern dance, advanced acting, voice class and quitar lessons,

3 comments:

  1. Hey I read the article about you in the Monterey Herald today and I was really touched and inspired by you. I hope you love Monterey and MPC and that everything goes well.

    Good Luck and God Bless :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey!
    I'm very happy to hear from you.I'm so glad that you liked my story. Please feel free to ask me any question.

    Love & Peace,

    Rahman

    ReplyDelete