Picnic Party for International students at EL Estero Lake.

     On 30th of August, on a sunny day in Monterey, I had my first picnic party with international students in a fascinating place by a lake called EL Estero. It’s so close to my college, all international student got together on that day. I went there with my support group, Celeste Akkad and Dania Akkad. We had a big feast, it was really amazing.













   The man who runs this event is called Jon and his colleagues. They are very collaborative people and so friendly. I liked them so much, they‘ve been working and helping the international students for so long ago. In the party I met many people, some of them were young and the others were old people.















I was asked many questions about Iraq from an old military officer about the situation in Iraq right now. What is the situation  like in Iraq? He asked. I had to explain him not just what is going on in Iraqi right now, but also I explained the whole story about the unnecessary war. We have talked about Bush’s admonstration and what they did in Iraq. Personally, I don’t like to talk about politics  stuff, but in that day I was surprised by the man’s reaction that has no clue about Iraq. I had to clarify some topics and declare true stories to him.

















Back to the party, we played games in two groups. The game was so simple, it is questions and answers. One of the questions was who could speak more than three languages? I was working with my group filling out the answer sheet. No one in my group had more than three languages. They were disappointed and frustrated, and then I got an idea! I told them that I could speak different dialects such as Syrian accent,Modren Stander  Arabic , Iraqi accent and English. That’s mean I have  four languages. What a great idea!


















Another question we  asked was who has more than three skills? That was really good question, I wrote down that I know how to dance, I mean DABKA DANCE, and play on drams, play guitar, juggling, face painting, twist balloons and east cost swing dance. At the end of the game, I was elected to be the student how has more skills, and I won a nice little gift from Jon. In Fact, I made little speech in front of people about me, where I’m coming from and what I’m doing at MPC. How can I describe the moment when I stood up next to Jon, it was unbelievable. I liked that day so much.


No comments:

Post a Comment