Rahman at SF Arab Cultural Festival 2009

October 11, 2009







Excerpt of Rahman’s Diary



“Today i got up and i knew that i have a long and amazing day at Golden Gate Park. All arabs will get together in the Fair Building sharing their experiences in this festival. I was little nervous because i wasn’t sure what is going to happen in this Festival. so, i packed my clowning stuff and i went with Parin to the Fair Building.




I thought that the Festival is going to be outside which is really bad because the wether was cloudy today.

Fortunately, when i got their with Parin, we found all the people working and preparing inside.




Today, i performed as clown for the children inside and outside the building. I didn’t expect that my show will be so great. Children were amused by me when i just appeared, they were so excited to see my show.








 I had new costume and new huge wig on my head. Even though, it was so chilly outside, people came and saw me performing. I was touched by a little boy, his name is Mujed and he kept following me everywhere.






 He was very attached to me, he would put the wig on his head and act exactly the things that i did in the show.









 He grabbed my hand and went to see his family. He introduced me to his family. they are Palestinian and got to the States recently, in Oakland.




The last part of the Festival which is Arabs Musicians Performing, i had so much fun. I danced with Iraqis and other Arabs Dab-ca Dance, Parin kept taking bunch of pictures in every where.





I ended up with a pain in my back, because i danced a lot. On the other hand, i really like the place here. San Francisco is a gorgeous and fascinating city. I'm very happy what I have done so far. ”



 
"Special thank to those who helped  alot and made my perfomnce at ACC passibal."
 Thank you Sherry almufty, Celest and Osama Al Akkad.


No comments:

Post a Comment